How to use "disconsolate" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "disconsolate" in popular movie and book plots
- The disconsolate Valentine disappears without explanation, never to reappear. - Clouds of Sils Maria
- Eva's prank backfires and she is disconsolate for quite a while, but in the end, Larry wins her back. - The I Don't Care Girl
- Thomas Archer (Ron Eldard), a disconsolate man, is led to an underground room by a distorted male voice on his mobile phone. - Already Dead (film)
- Menéndez takes him to the train station for a disconsolate goodbye. - The Secret in Their Eyes
- She turns her back on him, and disconsolate Elmer tries to forget his troubles at a crooked gambling house. - Elmer, the Great
- Hall is disconsolate and wishes to plead guilty. - The Rack (film)
- Having reverted to normal, a disconsolate Gil notifies Ann of his resignation. - The Hideous Sun Demon
- Then gloom descends on the disconsolate natives. - Whisky Galore! (1949 film)
- She and Harry leave together as Emile looks disconsolate at the end of the scheme. - Gambit (1966 film)
- Encountering building ruins and escaped wild animals from the zoo, he also runs into disconsolate Ivan carrying a baby chimp named Soni. - Underground (1995 film)
Meaning of "disconsolate" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "disconsolate" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "disconsolate" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "disconsolate"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word disconsolate below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.