How to use "discouraged" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "discouraged" in popular movie and book plots
- Gladys is discouraged at having gotten nowhere in two years and she wants to make a name for herself. - It Should Happen to You
- Ned is further discouraged after learning that his business, the Leftorium, was looted following the hurricane. - Hurricane Neddy
- Batman is discouraged by Wonder Woman. - Infinite Crisis
- C often challenges issue A's contradictory and nonsensical statements; but she is discouraged by B, who is clearly used to A and her habits. - Three Tall Women
- The recruits return to Silmido discouraged and frustrated. - Silmido (film)
- Stan also admits that he is a nerd and has always wanted to read books, but his family always discouraged it. - Revenge of the Nerds III: The Next Generation
- North’s next parental candidates are Amish, but he is quickly discouraged by the size of their family (and the lack of electricity). - North (1994 film)
- Gaspard de Coligny, later also a leading Huguenot, discouraged the nobles of Normandy from involving themselves in the plot. - Amboise conspiracy
- He grows more discouraged after accidentally breaking George's model airplane. - Stuart Little 2
- She becomes absorbed by the case, not discouraged by the lack of assistance she encounters from official sectors. - The Statement (film)
- Back in the time machine, Blackadder is becoming more discouraged about ever going home, but Baldrick comes up with "a cunning plan". - Blackadder: Back & Forth
- But as an orderly he is strongly discouraged from talking to patients, and he decides to come back in the middle of the night. - Under the Net
- Though he succeeds, he's discouraged that the criminals did not fear him. - Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
- After Donald bids farewell to the boys, the discouraged nephews go and sit on the curb. - Trick or Treat (1952 film)
- As it neared the top of the grade, which had so discouraged the larger engines, it went more slowly. - The Little Engine That Could
- John feels discouraged because he hasn't be able to make a living with his art in order to support himself and Arabella. - Animal Crackers (1930 film)
Meaning of "discouraged" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "discouraged" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "discouraged" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "discouraged"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word discouraged below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.