How to use "discreet" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "discreet" in popular movie and book plots
- Soona gives the digital cassette to Mulder at a discreet meeting in a park. - Anasazi (The X-Files)
- However, the normally discreet Lamarte makes a mistake in selling Morrell's last work to a duke. - Bluebeard (1944 film)
- Foolishly, Manuel lets it out to exercise, and it escapes back into the hotel, prompting a discreet rat hunt. - Basil the Rat
- Secrecy is paramount because he was the victim of a discreet execution, having been guilty of treason against the Emperor. - Shadows in Bronze
- Pangbourne Village is an estate for the upper middleclass, protected by security fences and discreet guards. - Running Wild (novella)
- Combe Island is a discreet retreat operated by a private trust, where the rich and powerful find peace and quiet. - The Lighthouse (James novel)
- The resulting increased income is being supplemented by Frank's surreptitiously returning, in discreet amounts, his share of the holdup take. - The Assistant (novel)
- Before he can be executed, Wirtanen arranges for Campbell's discreet release and helps his relocation to New York City. - Mother Night (film)
- Sir James advises Myles to be discreet about matters concerning his family since his father had been attainted as a traitor to the king. - Men of Iron
- Recognizing what is happening, the Major steps in and has a discreet word with Charles. - The Duchess of Duke Street
- Arriving there, he sees Newhover head off by boat, and follows at a discreet distance. - The Three Hostages
- His discreet blackmail gets Simon reinstated. - Doctor in the House
- Meanwhile, Kaeti (Ursula Andress), the general's wife, is carrying on a discreet affair with her husband's nephew. - The Blue Max
- Celine hurriedly drives him back to the city, to be operated on by Elliot (the closest thing she can find to a discreet medical specialist). - A Life Less Ordinary
- The wife of Deputy Sheriff Clinton Pell reveals to Anderson in a discreet conversation that the three missing men have been murdered. - Mississippi Burning
- Amid the small-talk, the couple discuss fears that they are being watched, and mention a discreet meeting at a hotel room in a few days. - The Conversation
Meaning of "discreet" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "discreet" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "discreet" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "discreet"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word discreet below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.