How to use "disdain" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "disdain" in popular movie and book plots
- In spite of just saving her life, she treats them with disdain and starts looking for Giorgio. - Nights of Cabiria
- At the Olympus ball, Pres and Julie's entrance is met with shock and disdain by all present. - Jezebel (film)
- The converts express their disdain for the commercialism of the compound and demand Tommy teach them something more useful. - Tommy (1975 film)
- At his first game, he befriends teammate Tom Stewart but earns the disdain of star player and team bully Larry Willingham. - Air Bud
- The combination of the daughter's disdain and the father's rakishness drives Anne to a tragic end. - Bonjour Tristesse (film)
- His reverence for Buddhist teachings and disdain for bloodshed prompt him to defy his family's tradition of practising martial arts. - Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils
- Predictably, when the voting is tied or she disagrees with the outcome, she often overrules the decision, to the disdain of the other girls. - Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown
- mrs Tingle's romantic self-revelations are incredible, furthering her captors' disdain of her. - Teaching Mrs. Tingle
- Myshkin is tormented by her suffering, and Rogozhin is tormented by her love for Myshkin and her disdain for his own claims on her. - The Idiot
- But her disdain for the town's physical ugliness and smug conservatism compels her to reform it. - Main Street (novel)
- There he encounters his cousin, Sue Bridehead (Winslet), who is beautiful and intelligent, and shares his disdain for convention. - Jude (film)
- He gets custody of Annie and influences her to disdain Effi. - Effi Briest
- A bloody and battered Rocky gives a victory speech, acknowledging how the local crowd's disdain of him had turned to respect during the fight. - Rocky IV
- A day or so later, she has a bitter argument with her father, who makes his disdain for her abundantly clear. - The Heiress
- Mrs O'Leary approves of the match, but expresses disdain for the loose-living Belle. - In Old Chicago
- As they go through several adventures together, Ellie loses her initial disdain for him and begins to fall in love. - It Happened One Night
Meaning of "disdain" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "disdain" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "disdain" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "disdain"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word disdain below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.