How to use "disgrace" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "disgrace" in popular movie and book plots
- Winter later tries to make amends with Irwin, who calls him a disgrace to the uniform and demands his resignation. - The Last Castle
- Writing in the 19th century, Lord Campbell said of the judge, Pemberton, that the trial was a disgrace to himself and his country. - Oliver Plunkett
- You're a disgrace to the regiment. - Fresh Hare
- The entire family thanks its lucky stars that it has escaped the mortification of both Orgon's potential disgrace and their dispossession. - Tartuffe
- Since he doesn't want to return in disgrace to Malgudi, he decides to stay in an abandoned temple, close to the village. - The Guide
- That he died apparently in disgrace does not alter her love for him, even though her father is insistent on his guilt. - Barometer Rising
- He departs in disgrace as Nikolai Vsevolodovich returns from escorting Marya home. - Demons (Dostoyevsky novel)
- News of Renzo's disgrace comes to the convent, but later Lucia is informed that Renzo is safe with his cousin. - The Betrothed (Manzoni novel)
- Back on Mercury, Jacob discovers his trick, and reveals it, resulting in disgrace to Bubbacub and embarrassment for the Pila. - Sundiver
- After the boys disgrace themselves at dinner, Wilma nevertheless proclaims her pride and follows them out. - The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas
- However, this leads to Jimmy being seen as a fascist and a disgrace to England after being seen as racist. - The Calcium Kid
- Baldev, infuriated, calls Raj a disgrace to India. - Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
- The Air Force colonel withdraws from the meeting in disgrace and later resigns from his post. - The Day of the Jackal
- Distracted by Blayac, Ponceludon loses, and is convinced that his disgrace will force him to leave the court. - Ridicule
- Furthermore, since Blifil knew this, concealed it, and tried to destroy his half-brother, he is now in disgrace and disinherited. - Tom Jones (1963 film)
- Facing withering fire if they stay and disgrace if they retreat, the officers order a charge. - The Red Badge of Courage
Meaning of "disgrace" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "disgrace" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "disgrace" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "disgrace"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word disgrace below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.