How to use "dismay" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "dismay" in popular movie and book plots
- However, they discover to their dismay that the counter-attack force is arriving much sooner than predicted, and is superior. - The Algebraist
- Claude comforts her, much to the dismay of an observant Eudora Weldon, Claude's wife. - Flamingo Road (TV series)
- She does, but then is sent home with minimal compensation to the dismay of her father, who has worked up quite a debt in the meantime. - The Life of Oharu
- ", and interrupting Jesus (John Hurt) repeatedly (using his name as an expression for dismay or concern, right in front of him). - History of the World, Part I
- To the Master's dismay he can not answer when Emma asks him what the suction cup is for. - Doctor Who: The Curse of Fatal Death
- The rats feel it too, and it returns many of them to being simple ratsto the dismay of Dangerous Beans. - The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents
- The boat is washed down a storm drain to the dismay of George, who had received the boat as a present from his older brother Bill. - It (novel)
- Between Rosy's dismay and Michael's pantomime, the villagers surmise that she is having an affair with Doryan. - Ryan's Daughter
- However, when Wallace invites her in to have cheese, he discovers that she is allergic to cheese, much to his dismay ("Not even Wensleydale. - A Close Shave
- Roy becomes fascinated by UFOs, much to the dismay of his wife, Ronnie (Teri Garr). - Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- The new commissioner, David Moon Gilbert, enforces stricter regulations to the dismay of some officers. - Top 10 (comics)
- Amy eventually appears with the geese, much to the joy of the townspeople and Amy’s family, but to the dismay of the developers. - Fly Away Home
- Anna stands her ground and insists on the letter of her contract, threatening to leave Siam, much to the dismay of wives and children. - The King and I
- Much to her dismay and disgust, realizing Mama Lil has abandoned her again, Novalee sits rejected at the hospital with no where to go. - Where the Heart Is (2000 film)
- publishes the scandal in a local tabloid – to the dismay of Bletch, who presumably wants to avoid negative press on the cast. - Meet the Feebles
- Witty but flippant, Tim jokes around a lot, even at inappropriate times, much to the dismay of his wife. - Home Improvement (TV series)
Meaning of "dismay" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "dismay" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "dismay" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "dismay"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word dismay below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.