How to use "dispute" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "dispute" in popular movie and book plots
- There is still some dispute as to whether Jagger is guilty. - I Am the Night—Color Me Black
- After a dispute over stolen goods turns violent, Sobotka's son Ziggy is charged with the murder of one of the Greek's underlings. - The Wire
- Borogravia is in the midst of a war against an alliance of neighbouring countries, caused by a border dispute with the country of Zlobenia. - Monstrous Regiment (novel)
- mr Spettigue fights them by telling them that he will dispute this. - Where's Charley?
- While Bill technically wins, they continue their dispute and end up breaking the action figure. - Welcome to Eltingville
- He is sent by his boss to Okinawa, supposedly to mediate a dispute between their allies, the Nakamatsu and Anan clans. - Sonatine (1993 film)
- The Governor orders Aubrey to settle a local dispute on Moahu, a nominally British island to the south of the Sandwich Islands. - Clarissa Oakes
- Philocleon agrees and a case is soon brought before him—a dispute between the household dogs. - The Wasps
- Webb suggests that the dispute should be resolved like gentlemen, by facing each other in a golf match. - Caddyshack II
- The dispute was settled with the judge deciding in favour of both disputants on different counts. - Travesties
- Louvois agrees and compels Commander William Riker (Jonathan Frakes) to represent Maddox in the dispute against Picard who represents Data. - The Measure of a Man (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- He also has a dispute with a bully named Francis, nicknamed "F-Stop". - Static Shock
- It is near Sherman's Planet, a world whose ownership is under dispute between the Federation and the Klingon Empire. - The Trouble with Tribbles
- Near the end of the novel, he and María Clara had a dispute about her not marrying Alfonso Linares, and her going to the covenant, or dying. - Father Dámaso
- When Guybrush reaches Monkey Island, he discovers a village of cannibals in a dispute with Herman Toothrot, a ragged castaway marooned there. - The Secret of Monkey Island
- The dispute is taken before a Delaware council of three; their judgment is that Cora be released to Uncas, and that Alice remain with Magua. - The Last of the Mohicans (1920 American film)
Meaning of "dispute" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "dispute" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "dispute" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "dispute"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word dispute below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.