How to use "dissolute" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "dissolute" in popular movie and book plots
- As she rises as a star, Raju becomes dissolute — gambling and drinking. - Guide (film)
- She renews in Ranchipur an acquaintance with a former lover, Tom Ransome, now a dissolute alcoholic. - The Rains of Ranchipur
- Despite encouragement from his mother and girlfriend, Payne begins to lead a dissolute life that leads to ruin and depression. - Home, Sweet Home (1914 film)
- Gerard believes the news and, stricken by grief, gives himself to a dissolute life and even attempts a suicide. - The Cloister and the Hearth
- George Rowland is a mildly dissolute young man who is dependent on his rich uncle for both his keep and his job at the family's city firm. - The Golden Ball and Other Stories
- Ultimately, Simone loses the ability to compete as a boxer because of his obsession with Nadia, his alcoholism, and dissolute lifestyle. - Rocco and His Brothers
- Perhan lives with his devoted grandmother Khaditza, his lame sister Danira and his dissolute uncle Merdzan. - Time of the Gypsies
- Hindley (Hugh Williams) has become dissolute and tyrannical and hates Heathcliff. - Wuthering Heights (1939 film)
- Things change when Joe's dissolute half-brother Bobby shows up. - Limbo (1999 film)
- Lily Powers (Barbara Stanwyck) works for her drunken, dissolute father in a speakeasy during Prohibition in Erie, Pennsylvania. - Baby Face (film)
- George Rowland is a mildly dissolute young man who is dependent on his rich uncle for both his keep and his job at the family's city firm. - The Listerdale Mystery
- The gold is stolen by Dunstan ("Dunsey") Cass, a dissolute younger son of Squire Cass, the town's leading landowner. - Silas Marner
- George Brent is Tom Ransome, an artist who leads a rather dissolute if socially active life in the town of Ranchipur, India. - The Rains Came
- He presents Nicholas with police reports about Rasputin's dissolute behaviour, which is damaging the Tsar's reputation. - Nicholas and Alexandra
- To prove his worthiness (or rather unworthiness), he begins to tell the story of his dissolute life. - Heaven Can Wait (1943 film)
- Darnay is framed for treason, but is saved by the cleverness of the dissolute lawyer Sydney Carton (Ronald Colman). - A Tale of Two Cities (1935 film)
Meaning of "dissolute" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "dissolute" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "dissolute" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "dissolute"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word dissolute below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.