How to use "distinct" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "distinct" in popular movie and book plots
- The lower, middle, and upper floors of the building gradually stratify into distinct groups. - High-Rise (novel)
- The "Raffles" stories have two distinct phases. - A. J. Raffles
- The film is constructed from three distinct stories linked by a car accident that brings the characters briefly together. - Amores perros
- The Children (they are referred to with a capital C) have two distinct group minds: one for the boys and another for the girls. - The Midwich Cuckoos
- The City appears to be organized into distinct floors, with layers of an unknown material called "the megastructure" between them. - Blame!
- While studying his client, both Holmes and Watson notice his red hair, which has a distinct flame-like hue. - The Red-Headed League
- The movie is divided into five distinct episodes, each representing a different genre and having their own subplot. - Kohtalon kirja
- The novel's narrative is divided into three distinct strands. - The Feast of the Goat
- The story is told in five distinct chapters. - A Clergyman's Daughter
- The rest of the film is split into seven chapters made up of distinct sketches. - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
- Thomas later manipulates Gary and convinces him to rebel against Satan, with a distinct lack of success. - Old Harry's Game
- These cells have been meeting at regular intervals in distinct places to pass on information about the Grail. - Foucault's Pendulum
- Powerful magical entities live on the night side of the planet, and for the most part the entities' magical powers emanate from distinct loci. - Jack of Shadows
- In Nightopia, distinct aspects of dreamers' personalities are represented by luminous coloured spheres known as "Ideya". - Nights into Dreams
- The plot of the novel has two distinct movements: the events at Microsoft in Redmond, Washington, and the move to Silicon Valley and the "Oop. - Microserfs
- Icehenge is set in three distinct time periods. - Icehenge
Meaning of "distinct" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "distinct" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "distinct" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "distinct"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word distinct below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.