How to use "distraught" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "distraught" in popular movie and book plots
- Unable to find the courage to stand up to his father, a distraught Neil commits suicide. - Dead Poets Society
- Alexandra, distraught over what happened, tries to leave with him, but he refuses her again. - The Swan (film)
- A distraught Georges learns of this and jeopardizes his imminent US visa by illegally entering the country to go to Emmy. - Hold Back the Dawn
- He tells the distraught widow to collect herself and be ready to take any opportunity that presents itself. - The Tall T
- Pepi returns to the shop just in time to prevent the distraught mr Matuschek from committing suicide. - The Shop Around the Corner
- A distraught Marian asks Shane why he is doing this. - Shane (film)
- His sister runs out distraught and tells the police what he has done. - Scarface (1932 film)
- mrs Appleyard, distraught over the events that have occurred, also kills herself by jumping from a peak on Hanging Rock. - Picnic at Hanging Rock (novel)
- He agrees and becomes distraught when he realizes what he has done. - Wings (1927 film)
- Gretchen arrives, distraught that her mother has disappeared. - Donnie Darko
- Perdita, distraught by Raymond's death, drowns herself by throwing herself off the ship. - The Last Man
- Blackie, distraught about the future of his club, ends up at the city's annual Chickens Ball. - San Francisco (1936 film)
- " Lester finds a distraught Angela sitting alone in their darkened living room; she asks him to tell her she is beautiful. - American Beauty (1999 film)
- Elaine is distraught and returns to Berkeley. - The Graduate
- Marianne is distraught and abandons herself to her sorrow. - Sense and Sensibility
- The former barker is openly rude to Enoch and Julie, then leaves with Jigger, followed by a distraught Julie. - Carousel (musical)
Meaning of "distraught" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "distraught" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "distraught" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "distraught"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word distraught below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.