How to use "domineering" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "domineering" in popular movie and book plots
- Alastair is unable to live with the domineering Epifania, however, and leaves her for the more domestic Polly Smith. - The Millionairess
- The central character is a Devon physician, dr Bickleigh, who is in an unhappy marriage to a domineering wife, Julia. - Malice Aforethought
- The domineering Harold takes charge. - Last Woman on Earth
- The Durants chafe under its unfeeling, domineering manner, hoping to one another to one day be free of the Optimen and Cyborgs. - The Eyes of Heisenberg
- There is the Priest Grigoris — a domineering man who bends God's will to his own. - Christ Recrucified
- Although already in her forties, she still lives in an apartment with her domineering mother. - The Piano Teacher (film)
- Kate is constantly put upon by family troubles, and is now living with her domineering aunt, Maud Lowder. - The Wings of the Dove
- It also provides comic relief in the form of a domineering choir director. - The Preacher's Wife
- The film ends with their first rehearsal, where Oscar reverts to his usual domineering self and a desperate Lily. - Twentieth Century (film)
- Lord Brockhurst's domineering wife Lady Brockhurst is also introduced. - The Boy Friend (musical)
- DeVere brings his domineering mother, who is soon nicknamed by Audrey 'Mrs. - To the Manor Born
- Lionel Cosgrove (Timothy Balme) lives with his domineering mother, Vera (Elizabeth Moody). - Braindead (film)
- Knudsen is a domineering religious man who warns against those who "traffic in gold" and trades Bible verses with Judd at the dinner table. - Ride the High Country
- The author depicts an antagonistic relationship between Ernest and his hypocritical and domineering parents. - The Way of All Flesh
- Frank was adopted by his wealthy and domineering aunt and he has had very few opportunities to visit before. - Emma (novel)
- Frustrated by Harpo's domineering behavior, Sofia moves out, taking her children with her. - The Color Purple
Meaning of "domineering" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "domineering" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "domineering" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "domineering"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word domineering below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.