How to use "door" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "door" in popular movie and book plots
- Several Martians enter the school area, and one of them shows up in the door leading to Howe's office, hiding him from sight. - Red Planet (novel)
- They decide to explore the attic connecting the houses, but take the wrong door and surprise Digory's Uncle Andrew in his study. - The Magician's Nephew
- She finds a small key to a door too small for her to fit through, but through it she sees an attractive garden. - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
- Upon reaching the crystal room, however, the party falls through a trap door to the underworld. - Final Fantasy IV
- At night Neville is startled awake and finds Ruth fully clothed at the front door of the house. - I Am Legend (novel)
- The house at the address is empty, so he leaves the package at the door with a note saying that the package saved his life. - Cast Away
- Homer was a football quarterback and became engaged to his next door neighbor, Wilma (Cathy O'Donnell), before joining the Navy. - The Best Years of Our Lives
- As he is about to move out, he is stopped at the door by the beautiful Kyoko Otonashi, who announces she will be taking over as manager. - Maison Ikkoku
- Steve finally manages to get them in Mary's apartment when another tenant opens the door for them. - The Wedding Planner
- Jack attempts to break the door with the mallet, but Wendy slashes his hand with a razor blade to deter him. - The Shining (novel)
- Also, Niggle's next door neighbour, a gardener named Parish, frequently drops by asking for various forms of help. - Leaf by Niggle
- Within the room is an unidentified man who opens the door to a physician, a photographer, and the police. - Glen or Glenda
- His sister, Grete, to whom he is very close, then whispers through the door and begs him to open it. - The Metamorphosis
- Titorelli has leave through a small back door, as the girls are blocking the door through which entered. - The Trial
- The beast then takes the form of a female figure and disappears through the door without opening it. - Carmilla
- " Deckard returns to his apartment and finds the door ajar, but Rachael is safe, asleep in his bed. - Blade Runner
Meaning of "door" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "door" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "door" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "door"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word door below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.