How to use "dour" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "dour" in popular movie and book plots
- With his new face, Kranz adopts a warmer, more charming manner and inwardly his previously dour character begins to soften. - Such Men Are Dangerous
- Stone, a humourless and dour man, invites Dee, a television playwright, over to his flat on the premise of discussing a script. - The Business of Murder
- Although her grandparents are very nice, Miyori is dour and generally standoffish. - Miyori no Mori
- But Aurelia is a dour mysterious woman. - Don't Torture a Duckling
- When new drapes are needed for the clinic's library, the dour and penny-pinching Victoria Inch (Lillian Gish) orders unattractive ones. - The Cobweb (film)
- Young Elizabeth Blair (Shirley Temple) lives at the Lakeside Orphanage, a dreary, regimented place supervised by two decent but dour women. - Curly Top (film)
- Orphan Rebecca Rowena Randall is sent to live with her dour aunts, Jane and Miranda Sawyer. - Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm (play)
- He is accepted back at Gramercy Park cheerfully, with even the dour Pickering happy. - Time and Again (novel)
- Murdoch Troon (Stanley Baxter) is a dour Scot living and working for a local government authority somewhere in the south of London. - The Fast Lady
- In series two it is Springtime 1924 and the Eliott sisters have employed Florence Ranby, a dour Victorian, as head of the workroom. - The House of Eliott
- Growth is, appropriately, represented by a teenager - a somewhat dour and cynical boy, who is implied to have lost his faith in the world. - Autumn Visits
- They dispatch Finlay Perkin (Clive Revill), a dour Scottish accountant, to audit Venneford's books. - Centennial (miniseries)
- Soon afterward, all four children enter Narnia together after hiding in the wardrobe to avoid the professor's dour housekeeper, mrs Macready. - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Meaning of "dour" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "dour" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "dour" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "dour"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word dour below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.