How to use "douse" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "douse" in popular movie and book plots
- On the advice of Sir Wilfred, Mark and Sarah enter the waxwork museum at night and douse it with gasoline. - Waxwork (film)
- Kosach forces most of the collaborators to douse the Germans with a can of petrol. - Come and See
- Humpfrey tells Hugo to douse the dragon with the water, and Hugo does so but accidentally sprays Humpfrey as well. - Dragon on a Pedestal
- The news crew douse Deveraux with a fire extinguisher to stabilize him while dr Gregor and his men are arrested. - Universal Soldier (1992 film)
- In order to prevent this, Agnes and Peter douse each other in gasoline and set themselves on fire. - Bug (2006 film)
- Chowder provides a cold medicine-filled dummy that should cause the house to sleep long enough for them to douse the furnace. - Monster House (film)
- When she faints, he ties her up and sets her on a table, intending to douse her with molten wax and make her his lost Marie Antoinette. - Mystery of the Wax Museum
- Sonically altered helicopters successfully manage to lure the bees out to sea, where they douse the water with oil and set the swarm ablaze. - The Swarm (film)
- Attempting to dupe the hero, he will pretend to have no recollection of the battle, but Vincent will arrive and douse the boy with holy water. - Castlevania (Nintendo 64)
- She manages to douse herself in kerosene but before she can light the match she is apprehended by Gabriel, Willem, and Ulf. - Blood and Chocolate (novel)
- In a state of panic, Miles uses a nearby bottle of champagne to douse the overheating machine, which then becomes sentient. - Electric Dreams (film)
- " but is interrupted by Becker who hits him with a bat and proceeds to douse him with petrol. - Long Time Dead
- In desperation, Pete makes a dangerously steep dive to skillfully douse the engine with slurry. - Always (1989 film)
- Zombies attack and kill Bart, forcing the others to douse the zombies in gas and set them ablaze. - Dawn of the Dead (2004 film)
- Erik initially tries to drown Raoul and the Persian, using the water which would have been used to douse the explosives. - The Phantom of the Opera
- The local teenagers open a fire hydrant and douse the street, before police officers intervene. - Do the Right Thing
Meaning of "douse" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "douse" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "douse" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "douse"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word douse below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.