How to use "down" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "down" in popular movie and book plots
- He's tracked down at a hotel room the next morning byBI. - Fearless (1993 film)
- She ignores him, gets into a taxi, and vanishes down the street. - Fahrenheit 451
- asks him to come down and the two men walk inside the cathedral. - The Trial
- He breaks down in tears and decides to tell Alice the whole truth of the past two days. - Eyes Wide Shut
- He then looks down at the captain's body, with tears in his eyes. - Das Boot
- As Duke descends on Los Angeles in hopes of taking a vacation, his ship is shot down by unknown hostiles. - Duke Nukem 3D
- Lucy accepts Holmwood's proposal while turning down Seward and Morris, but all remain friends. - Dracula
- Kid vows to find and defeat Lynx, an anthropomorphic panther who burned down her adopted mother's orphanage. - Chrono Cross
- Wally goes off to serve in the Second World War and his plane is shot down over Burma. - The Cider House Rules
- He helps Billy look down from heaven to see her (instrumental ballet: "Billy Makes a Journey"). - Carousel (musical)
- The portrait resembles Carmilla exactly, down to the mole on her neck. - Carmilla
- Crono jumps on to help her, but cannot bring them down to earth. - Chrono Trigger
- Jen then lifts herself and gently falls down the side of the mountain. - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- He suddenly calms down when he sees a snow globe and says, "Rosebud". - Citizen Kane
- After a quick chase to a parade float storage yard, Buffy finally confronts Lothos, shortly after she and Pike take down his gang. - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (film)
- In response, the Klan hunts down Gus, tries him, finds him guilty, lynches him, and delivers his corpse to lt lt Lynch's doorstep. - The Birth of a Nation
Meaning of "down" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "down" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "down" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "down"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word down below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.