How to use "downtrodden" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "downtrodden" in popular movie and book plots
- Added to this is the sinister presence of Lester Aldrich, who turns out to be the downtrodden husband of the sleazy Holly. - The Third Day
- They form a partnership and start an employment agency for downtrodden women who have been rejected by society and need a second chance. - She-Devil
- Unnimaya involves herself in social service and becomes a Congress volunteer deciding to do something for the downtrodden society. - Parinayam (1994 film)
- He is the son of Mahadeva Naidu (Daggubati Venkatesh), who was the savior or Dalitulu and downtrodden people of 'Karamchedu'. - Jayam Manadera
- Hal Weber, a handsome, downtrodden newspaperman, arrives at Copper City to take a job offered by a former lover, Rust Masson. - It Rhymes with Lust
- After Frank Castle's suicide, the alley where he shot himself became a shrine for all the downtrodden victims of crime. - The Punisher (1998 series)
- The Diversity Alliance intended to unite all the downtrodden alien species that had suffered for so long under human rule. - Young Jedi Knights
- Upon his return to Camelot, he discovers a downtrodden place. - Merlin's Apprentice
- Simultaneously, downtrodden waitress Anna discovers that her abusive husband has been murdered, along with her brother and his wife. - Torpedo Juice (novel)
- The film begins with a drunken and downtrodden Catholic priest telling his story to a sympathetic bartender (Brian George). - Keeping the Faith
- Sasha is a 15-year-old downtrodden stable boy living with his aunt and uncle at an inn they run in the town of Vojvoda. - Rusalka (book)
- Several episodes depict a downtrodden Stephen whose only respite is his friendship with Captain Michael Weir and his men. - Birdsong (novel)
- Much to Addie's chagrin, Moze invites "Miss Trixie"—and her downtrodden maid, Imogene (PJ. - Paper Moon (film)
- In a poor, downtrodden Russia, a vector of future development of the world is being decided. - Autumn Visits
- Arriving in Thebes, Hercules is turned down by the downtrodden citizens until Meg says that two boys are trapped in a gorge. - Hercules (1997 film)
- At the lawyer's office he meets a downtrodden individual, Block, a client who offers some insight from a client's perspective. - The Trial
Meaning of "downtrodden" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "downtrodden" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "downtrodden" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "downtrodden"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word downtrodden below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.