How to use "dozen" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "dozen" in popular movie and book plots
- The match took place in Savaronoff's flat, with at least a dozen people watching the game. - The Big Four (novel)
- on him; they learn through Interpol that he is an international fugitive wanted in over a dozen countries. - S.W.A.T. (film)
- Half a dozen other students reveal complex natures and share their innermost feelings. - American High (TV series)
- Finishing the game unlocks one of more than a dozen game endings, dependent on the player's actions during the game. - Geneforge
- This cuts to the band members reading off several dozen radio intros. - Meeting People Is Easy
- The film begins with a prologue in which a dozen or so of the fifteen citizens are introduced. - Dogville
- Yousef then returned to Manila, where he began preparing at least a dozen bombs, each with more explosive materials. - Ramzi Yousef
- In a few dozen paragraphs he imagines himself a wartime pilot, an emergency-room surgeon, and a devil-may-care killer. - Walter Mitty
- Progen, Jenquai and Terrans alike have thrived, spreading their civilizations across a dozen star systems, exploiting their riches. - Earth & Beyond
- Charnier drives to an old factory on Wards Island to meet Weinstock, and about a dozen others, and deliver the drugs. - The French Connection (film)
- Fighting breaks out in which about a dozen sailors and many Chinese are killed. - The Sand Pebbles (film)
- As this happens, Agent Polk, lt Snyder, and a half dozen FBI officers storm the parlor. - The Sting
- The three are mired in a love triangle in the last dozen or so pages, resulting in a tragic ending. - Imitation of Life (novel)
- It is decided to re-evaluate humanity after "a dozen half-deaths of radium" (19200 years). - Have Space Suit—Will Travel
- It has built a dozen exploratory torchships to search for habitable planets to colonize. - Time for the Stars
- Several dozen less powerful species from the League of Non-Aligned Worlds appear, including the Drazi, Brakiri, Vree, Markab, and pak'ma'ra. - Babylon 5
Meaning of "dozen" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "dozen" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "dozen" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "dozen"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word dozen below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.