How to use "dread" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "dread" in popular movie and book plots
- Clint has a strong feeling of dread and tells the others to join him. - Cooties (film)
- He sends gifts to the women, and Evelyn feels dread and regret towards her engagement with him. - Evelyn's Husband
- 6 million to Munni (Neha Dhupia), a dread female gangster who hates men. - Phas Gaye Re Obama
- Sookie realizes with dread that she will never be free of Eric's control. - All Together Dead
- There are the reluctant parents, who dread the thought of leaving the home they've lived in for decades. - En Bloc
- He becomes fabled as a mighty and dread necromancer and sorcerer, but is still driven to avenge himself on Zotulla. - The Dark Eidolon
- The young couple dread the next day, which comes all too soon. - A Bride of the Plains
- All we know at this point is that the narrator is feeling a sense of dread enough to keep him awake. - Dog Star (short story)
- Both women dread their prospects, as Mary is now 60 and Rhoda is around 58 and lacks confidence in her work as a photographer. - Mary and Rhoda
- She mentions one prediction told to Laomedon long ago; "Stone on stone will ever fall, at the dread Earth-Shaker's call". - Whom the Gods Would Destroy
- It is unaccountably high and old and the locals have a generations-long dread of the place which no one is known to have visited. - The Strange High House in the Mist
- He then has 90 days to find the dread Night Stallion, ruler of the gourd world, and negotiate to void the lien. - Ogre, Ogre
- Joe Sam’s superstitious dread of the panther irritates domineering Curt. - Track of the Cat
- A gloomy wood is seen as a voice is heard, narrating: Transylvania, land of dark forests, dread mountains and black unfathomable lakes. - The Brides of Dracula
- Gringrin in turn loses his dread of death, and walks happily into the Valley. - Isle of the Dead (Zelazny novel)
- Imprisoned, Rubashov is at first relieved to be finished with the anxiety of dread during mass arrests. - Darkness at Noon
Meaning of "dread" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "dread" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "dread" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "dread"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word dread below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.