How to use "dreadful" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "dreadful" in popular movie and book plots
- Orphaned and illegitimate, Jamie Sommers grows up believing he has "no hope of heaven", that he is doomed to a dreadful existence. - Hawkes Harbor
- (Milton Davis, Jr) love to sneak into baseball games of the hopelessly dreadful California Angels. - Angels in the Outfield (1994 film)
- Ilse's father, dr Burnley, ignores Ilse most of the time because of a dreadful secret concerning Ilse's mother. - Emily of New Moon
- Vittorio, however, escapes such a dreadful ending because of a vampire's intervention. - Vittorio the Vampire
- So she contacts Carlos’ youngest son Alejandro Larios (Alejandro Camacho) in order to give him the dreadful news and return the wallet. - Cuna de lobos
- That night they weather a dreadful autumn storm with the help the two demigods, Poor Old Ammet and Libby Beer. - Drowned Ammet
- The marriage proved to be a dreadful mistake as her husband gloried in making her miserable, and their baby was stillborn. - The Mysterious Mr Quin
- He returns to the dreadful mound, where Quiverclaw and Prince Fencewalker, whom he had met at the court, come to the rescue. - Tailchaser's Song
- He bears a dreadful secret related to his transfer to Diadem. - Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
- Who would save the woodlanders from this dreadful regime. - Mossflower
- He immediately begs the reader not to finish the book, so as to avoid meeting this dreadful scary monster. - The Monster at the End of This Book: Starring Lovable, Furry Old Grover
- George has increasingly become upset with his dreadful father and his work, and secretly wishes to be with his mother more than anything. - SilverFin
- Afterwards is a chain of dreadful occurrences. - The Vicar of Wakefield
- In The Left Hand of Darkness, Genly Ai comes from Earth and remembers the 'Age of the Enemy' as something dreadful but now past. - City of Illusions
- Under his threats and the dreadful fear of failure, she labours on with it, making herself mentally and physically ill. - Hatter's Castle
- However, when he begs despairingly not to be sent away with "that dreadful man", a kindly old magistrate refuses to sign the indentures. - Oliver Twist
Meaning of "dreadful" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "dreadful" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "dreadful" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "dreadful"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word dreadful below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.