How to use "dreary" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "dreary" in popular movie and book plots
- Earl's peaceful, dreary life changes when a younger couple, Vic and Ramona, move next door. - Neighbors (1981 film)
- Aspiring actress Louise Mauban (Luise Rainer) attends the Paris School of Drama while working at a dreary factory job. - Dramatic School (film)
- Elodie Luria had left a dreary but emotionally comfortable life with her three aunts and grandmother. - Among the Betrayed
- Kyoji then boards a cruise ship, and is given a small, dreary cabin belowdecks, where nothing seems to work properly. - Invisible Waves
- Xanth's King Trent has left for dreary Mundania, leaving Dor to practice governing the magical kingdom. - Centaur Aisle
- The Few — shipped over from a dreary post-Ax England — are thinking of solo projects. - Midnight Lamp
- It is one of my interests in this dreary hole. - The Master of Ballantrae
- The plot centers on an elderly widow (Hepburn) who lives alone in a dreary New York City apartment. - Grace Quigley
- In the meantime, the twins Lidia and Stu try to get away from the dreary reality of their lives. - The War (1994 film)
- In addition, the dreary season of Hamble was created, which is permanently dark, cold and drizzly. - Nebulous
- With his dreary and serene marriage, Chris increasingly dwells on the past. - Metroland (film)
- Eventually the characters may find the exit, and are once again deposited on the dreary islands to await rescue. - The Lost Island of Castanamir
- In the end of the second act, we meet Brand's mother, and learn that he grew up under the glacier, in a dreary place with no sun. - Brand (play)
- The mother, Julia, is disenchanted by the dreary conventions of English life, hence the journey. - Hideous Kinky
- Helen continues her dreary existence. - The Heart of the Matter
- He reflects on how dreary life as a traveling salesman is. - The Metamorphosis
Meaning of "dreary" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "dreary" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "dreary" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "dreary"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word dreary below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.