How to use "duke" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "duke" in popular movie and book plots
- The trio track Slipp down at the Circle Follies Theatre, and duke it out. - Loose Loot
- Yet another guardian, Osbern, is slain in William's chamber while the duke sleeps. - The Conqueror (novel)
- With the duke in love with his sister, his father intends to make a grand match for him. - The Charwoman's Shadow
- However, en route to Dhassa, Morgan is drugged and captured by Warin, who intends to burn the Deryni duke as a heretic. - Deryni Checkmate
- However, Kelson manages to thwart Jehana's attempts to imprison Morgan, and the duke resumes his efforts to protect Kelson. - Deryni Rising
- The situation resolved only after the duke kills the new cult leader in single combat and is then in turn bested and taken hostage by Thorolf. - The Pixilated Peeress
- When the duke exhibits his collection, a policeman on guard recognizes the portrait as being that of one of Bluebeard's victims. - Bluebeard (1944 film)
- The duke then imposes martial law to suppress the revolution. - Metropolis (2001 film)
- The duke sets out to see her at the roadhouse, and his arrival coincides with Michael Calhoun's dinner party. - The Delicious Little Devil
- Gamera and Viras duke it out in a big beachside battle. - Gamera vs. Viras
- The duke becomes enmeshed in a scandal at court that leads the Princess to believe he has been unfaithful in his affections. - La Princesse de Clèves
- Florante, a duke of the Kingdom of Albania is tied to a tree, lamenting the death of his father, Duke Briseo. - Florante at Laura
- An evil vampire duke seeks to kill and collect the blood of a royal family of European vampires in order to become all powerful. - The Twins Effect
- When he saw the duke and duchess in hotel he thinks it would be excellent if he could get the key of their room. - Hotel (novel)
- He is later joined by Youzen, the Tensai (Genius) Doushi of Kunlun and Kou Tenka, the son of the duke Kou Hiko. - Hoshin Engi
- The younger man, who is about thirty, introduces himself as the long-lost son of an English duke (the Duke of Bridgewater). - Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
Meaning of "duke" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "duke" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "duke" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "duke"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word duke below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.