How to use "dull" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "dull" in popular movie and book plots
- But he doesn't, so Harriet marries Charles, a rather dull country solicitor, and have a daughter, while Vesey becomes an actor. - A Game of Hide and Seek
- The bracelets changed from dull silver-grey to bright gold, and were noticeably smaller and thinner. - Wonder Woman (TV series)
- maintaining a dull and bloated empire". - The Chase (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- Nikki, a talented acrobat with swift reflexes, had become irritated with her dull carnival life on the high-wire. - Pandemonium! (video game)
- While searching for Jack, Wendy discovers he has been typing pages of a repetitive manuscript: "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy". - The Shining (film)
- It has two doors that lead to the same corridor and is drably decorated in a dull yellow with signs of water damage on one wall. - The Smoking Room
- Violet's teacher, mr Remora, is a man who tells very short, dull stories while eating lots of bananas as the children take notes. - The Austere Academy
- Her life is dull and shadowed by the loss of her father, until Aman Mathur (Shah Rukh Khan) moves in with his mother next door. - Kal Ho Naa Ho
- William at first is indignant about being kept by his aunt, then he discovers the village she lives in isn't so dull after all. - William Does His Bit
- The Governor then reveals that the dinner companions whom Bond found dull were in fact Rhoda and her rich Canadian husband. - For Your Eyes Only (short story collection)
- Babbitt admits that these clubs "stimulated him like brandy" and that he often finds work dull and nerve-wracking in comparison. - Babbitt (novel)
- Edward explains that it's dull work and they don't use computers; however, Lee remarks that she is okay with these conditions. - Secretary (2002 film)
- After he and Emma attend an elegant ball given by the Marquis d'Andervilliers, Emma finds her married life dull and becomes listless. - Madame Bovary
- This state of affairs would make a dull story and soon his father's ghostly presence intervenes. - The Search for the Dice Man
- A second planet, "The Stranger", colored a dull gray where the Wanderer is bright purple and yellow, appears and threatens battle. - The Wanderer (Leiber novel)
- dr Alton points out that men's clothes are dull and restrictive, whereas women can adorn themselves with attractive and comfortable clothing. - Glen or Glenda
Meaning of "dull" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "dull" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "dull" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "dull"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word dull below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.