How to use "duration" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "duration" in popular movie and book plots
- He interrogates the landlady, and she informs him that his father had treated his mother terribly for the duration of their honeymoon. - The Butcher Boy (novel)
- It almost goes without saying that the two (the narrator and Zorba) will remember each other for the duration of their natural lives. - Zorba the Greek
- Akai has had a sexual relationship with Sawa for the duration of his guardianship. - Kite (1999 film)
- Miller is pleased, and accepts Fayette's condition that Miller sleep and eat in the office for the duration of the new project. - Waiting for Lefty
- Worse, the hacker has extended the duration of the bobbling far beyond what was intended, and Marta dies alone on a deserted Earth. - Marooned in Realtime
- Cordelia immediately falls in love with the rundown cottage, and decides to move in there herself for the duration of her investigation. - An Unsuitable Job for a Woman
- In a startling move, the Tyrathca immediately cut themselves off from all contact with humanity for the duration of the crisis. - The Neutronium Alchemist
- Tenorio plots his revenge on Ultima throughout the duration of the novel. - Bless Me, Ultima
- But at the last minute, just before Hitler was to arrive, the duration of his stay was reduced to just eight minutes as a security precaution. - Henning von Tresckow
- The two reconcile in Matt's bedroom for many hours, with his co-workers making a new betting pool on the duration of their stamina. - 40 Days and 40 Nights
- Jada Rowland played the character, minus a few breaks, for the duration of the run of the program. - The Secret Storm
- On the suggestion of his friend Sayre, he takes a Japanese wife and house for the duration of his stay there. - Madame Butterfly (short story)
- Ransom is reluctant, and debates with the divine (inner) voice for the entire duration of the night. - Perelandra
- This promise, however, does not prevent her from transforming him into a dormouse for the duration of the journey. - Stardust (novel)
- As the first to "awaken", Leonard is also the first to demonstrate the limited duration of this period of "awakening". - Awakenings
- Garraty decides to give up after realizing that Stebbins has shown almost no weaknesses over the duration of the Walk. - The Long Walk
Meaning of "duration" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "duration" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "duration" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "duration"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word duration below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.