How to use "duty" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "duty" in popular movie and book plots
- He also feels a duty to take up Scudder's cause and save Karolides from the assassination. - The Thirty-Nine Steps
- Louise reveals that her father amputated Drake's legs unnecessarily, because he hated Drake and thought it was his duty to punish wickedness. - Kings Row
- The king is rescued and is restored to his throne, but the lovers, in duty bound, must part. - The Prisoner of Zenda
- For Amy, a devout Quaker and pacifist, the solution is simple—leave town before Miller arrives; but Kane's sense of duty and honor is strong. - High Noon
- Richard returns from his sentry duty to find that Bugs has punched Keaty in the face for his mistake. - The Beach (novel)
- During spring training in st Petersburg, Florida, he is recalled to active duty for 21 months. - Strategic Air Command (film)
- Witzelben was a field marshal, but had not been on active duty since 1942. - 20 July plot
- Warrington relieves them of their duty and finds her a place to stay, even paying the first month's rent. - Naughty Marietta (film)
- He feels he can no longer give Valjean up to the authorities but also cannot ignore his duty to the law. - Les Misérables
- The two men are inducted into the Cabal, while remaining on duty in their army posts. - If This Goes On—
- The crowd still screams for Jesus to be crucified, and Pilate recalls his duty to keep the peace. - Jesus Christ Superstar
- Feigning illness, Toad bamboozles the Water Rat (who is on guard duty at the time) and escapes. - The Wind in the Willows
- So, Alman reads it for him: "A doctor's first duty is to ask forgiveness," from which he concludes, "You are guilty of guilt". - Wild Strawberries (film)
- knew then precisely, that it would have been his duty to take the knife. - The Trial
- He informs her that she is The Slayer, or Chosen One, destined to kill vampires, and he is a Watcher whose duty it is to guide and train her. - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (film)
- When Major dies, two young pigs, Snowball and Napoleon, assume command and consider it a duty to prepare for the Rebellion. - Animal Farm
Meaning of "duty" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "duty" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "duty" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "duty"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word duty below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.