How to use "dwell" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "dwell" in popular movie and book plots
- Stransom starts to dwell on the many friends and acquaintances he is now losing to death. - The Altar of the Dead
- The forest is unnaturally quiet, but the wolves that dwell in the forest seem unnaturally active. - Trollslayer
- They dwell in the shadows of the Earth, called Volva by the inhabitants of Levania. - Somnium (novel)
- The women, seeing the handsome prince, begin questioning their life among the brutes that dwell in the village. - The Wild Women of Wongo
- He sends his Purifier troops into Subterranea to sterilize the simple-minded races that dwell there. - The Evolutionary War
- Realizing that he is Dear Johnny's father, she comforts him, while he advises her not to dwell on things. - Now and Then (film)
- The outcasts dwell in a system of caves which have been blocked in — the only exit is out of their reach due to their deformities. - El Topo
- Honor struggles with the survivor's guilt her many battles have left her with, but soon finds that she cannot afford to dwell on her emotions. - Flag in Exile
- Their religion posits the existence of a superior being but does not dwell on his nature. - Vril
- Most of the characters dwell in an apartment block, a sign in front of which advertises "Singles" (single bedroom apartments) for rent. - Singles (1992 film)
- Governors, treasurers, and great thinkers dwell here in great ivory towers, away from the hubbub of everyday life. - Phantasy Star II
- As Cristina begins to dwell more on her changed life and the death of her girls, she becomes obsessed with exacting revenge on Jack. - 21 Grams
- the fire gave birth to the djinn, creatures condemned to dwell in the void between the worlds". - Wishmaster (film)
- Her thoughts often dwell on her mother, whom she has not seen since pre-school. - Angelic Layer
- As they dwell on the madness of war, they have to put on their gas masks, as poison gas drifts in their direction. - Things to Come
- Denham also cryptically alludes to some monstrous creature rumored to dwell on the island, a legendary entity known only as "Kong". - King Kong (1933 film)
Meaning of "dwell" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "dwell" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "dwell" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "dwell"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word dwell below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.