How to use "eager" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "eager" in popular movie and book plots
- Merlin arrives with her, but stays, eager to learn more about his father. - The Courts of Chaos
- Tenoch and Julio immediately turn away from each other and are eager to return home. - Y Tu Mamá También
- Buzz, the eager elevator operator, pitches a new invention: the flexi-straw. - The Hudsucker Proxy
- Dan is eager to listen to the record, but he's reminded by everyone that Anthony does not like singing. - It's a Good Life (The Twilight Zone)
- Petya (Pyotr Ilyich) at nine is the youngest; like his brother, he is impetuous and eager to join the army when of age. - War and Peace
- She is not eager to accept the deal, but cannot turn down the opportunity to regain her piano. - The Piano
- Since the Zentradi's exposure to culture and to Lynn Minmay's songs, some of them become eager to join the humans. - The Super Dimension Fortress Macross
- Thomas, even though he and Catherine have romantic feelings for each other, is especially eager to have Catherine marry Henry. - The Six Wives of Henry VIII (BBC TV series)
- The messenger, eager to ease Oedipus's mind, tells him not to worry, because Merope was not in fact his real mother. - Oedipus Rex
- Thisbe returns, eager to tell Pyramus what had happened to her, but she finds Pyramus' dead body under the shade of the mulberry tree. - Pyramus and Thisbe
- Princess Shalmar refuses to marry Jeff, even though Orville is eager to get out of the marriage. - Road to Morocco
- Keyes is eager to reject the claim and force Phyllis to sue. - Double Indemnity (film)
- Hank is confident they will make it big while Queenie is less eager to put everything on the line to become a star. - The Broadway Melody
- Anne is highly imaginative, eager to please and quite dramatic at times. - Anne of Green Gables
- Harvey is rounded up and questioned by a senior security officer, who is very eager to get his hands on Harvey's ring. - Between Planets
- The twins, each eager to meet the parent she never knew, switch places. - The Parent Trap (1961 film)
Meaning of "eager" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "eager" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "eager" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "eager"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word eager below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.