How to use "eccentric" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "eccentric" in popular movie and book plots
- The continued love of the Cohen family and the company of the eccentric Taylor Townsend guide him back to the light. - The O.C.
- Also in the house are Margaret’s brothers, and her eccentric grandmother, played by Amy Hill, who garnered popular reviews from the public. - All-American Girl (1994 TV series)
- Margaret Ross, an impoverished, elderly, eccentric woman, is living in a ground floor flat, in an unnamed town in North England. - The Whisperers
- Sebastian introduces Charles to his eccentric and aesthetic friends, including the haughty and homosexual Anthony Blanche. - Brideshead Revisited
- Much of the story is set in motion by the death of eccentric art patron and collector Francis Cornish. - The Rebel Angels
- The King soon shows signs of recovery, becoming less eccentric and arrives in Parliament in time to thwart passage of the Regency bill. - The Madness of King George
- They sneak back into the nunnery and manage to slip into their spare habits after accidentally waking up an eccentric nun, Sister Mary. - Nuns on the Run
- The eccentric and autocratic director, Eli Cross (Peter O'Toole), agrees to hide Cameron from the police if he will take the dead man's place. - The Stunt Man
- Along the way, Oedipa meets a wide range of eccentric characters. - The Crying of Lot 49
- Rosemary and Guy are quickly welcomed to the Bramford by neighbors Minnie and Roman Castevet, an eccentric elderly couple. - Rosemary's Baby (novel)
- Their maintenance man is an eccentric but kind and humble Okinawan immigrant named Kesuke Miyagi. - The Karate Kid
- During the documentary, he learns about the Aracuan Bird, who received his name because of his eccentric song. - The Three Caballeros
- The patriarch of the family, Grandpa Vanderhof, an eccentric old man who keeps snakes and has never paid his income tax. - You Can't Take It with You (play)
- He walks from London to Dover, to his only relative, his eccentric yet kind-hearted great-aunt Betsey Trotwood. - David Copperfield
- When eccentric scientist Brackish Okun examines the alien captured by Hiller, it regains consciousness and attacks. - Independence Day (1996 film)
- Only Miller, an eccentric mechanic who works at Helping Hand, is able to approach and enter the car. - Repo Man (film)
Meaning of "eccentric" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "eccentric" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "eccentric" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "eccentric"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word eccentric below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.