How to use "edge" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "edge" in popular movie and book plots
- Thelma and Louise are finally cornered by the authorities only from the edge of the Grand Canyon. - Thelma & Louise
- While trying to stop him, his wife accidentally falls off the edge herself. - Escape Clause
- Mufasa saves Simba but ends up hanging perilously from the gorge's edge and is betrayed by Scar, who sends him falling to his death. - The Lion King
- Travelling by oxcart, they reach the edge of a desert, but not before a hunt in which a wounded elephant claims the life of a servant. - King Solomon's Mines
- The plane and truck wind up hanging precariously over the edge of Poyahoga Gorge, and Ripburger falls to his death. - Full Throttle (1995 video game)
- That night, Cora escapes and is pursued by Magua to the edge of a precipice. - The Last of the Mohicans (1920 American film)
- He is forced to evacuate his crew, but Andromeda gets caught on the edge of the event horizon of a black hole, freezing him in time. - Andromeda (TV series)
- The next morning the cabin rocks dangerously over the cliff edge while the two try to escape. - The Gold Rush
- His motorcycle goes down and he lands near the edge of the road, seriously wounded in the side. - Easy Rider
- Discovered with Jack, Rose tells a concerned Cal that she was peering over the edge and Jack saved her from falling. - Titanic (1997 film)
- Disoriented and on the edge of heatstroke, Meursault shoots when the Arab flashes his knife at him. - The Stranger (novel)
- While crossing the room, he trips on the hem of his robe and falls, his chin landing at the edge of a deep pit. - The Pit and the Pendulum
- Frodo and Sam reach the edge of the Cracks of Doom, but Frodo cannot resist the Ring any longer. - The Lord of the Rings
- The top of the mountain, above the edge of the ring's atmosphere, is therefore a passage to the underside of the Ringworld and freedom. - Ringworld
- The next morning, Lo finds Jen standing on a balcony overlooking the edge of the mountain. - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- ” He tells her to meet him at the rock on the edge of town. - Anyone Can Whistle
Meaning of "edge" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "edge" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "edge" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "edge"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word edge below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.