How to use "edict" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "edict" in popular movie and book plots
- Just then, a messenger arrives with an imperial edict announcing that Emperor Wuzong is dead and that Li Yi will succeed him. - Avalokitesvara (film)
- Enraged, Yinzhen blames Yinsi and his wife, issuing an edict forcing them to divorce, which leads her to commit suicide. - Scarlet Heart
- Longkodo reads the Kangxi Emperor's final edict and declares Yinzhen the new Emperor. - Yongzheng Dynasty
- The emperor dies, his posthumous edict robbed, and the kingdom is left with no heir. - Relic of an Emissary
- Ashok's father happens to be an edict of alcohol and more concerned with himself than the child, in due course remarries. - Chaahat (1971 film)
- Ten years later, peace is restored and the ruling house issues and edict to find the missing princess. - Real/Fake Princess
- Before the Panchayat’s bizarre edict could be executed, a city based NGO intervenes. - Kajri
- They converse on various topics, including King Philip III's recent edict expelling the Moriscos from Valencia. - El Buscón
- Among the many rules in Dinotopia is the edict that, once an outsider arrived, he or she was never allowed to leave. - Dinotopia (miniseries)
- Teav sends word to Tum of the impending wedding, and Tum arrives with an edict from the king to stop the ceremony. - Tum Teav
- As he is dying in the play's bloody final scene, Leucippus reverses his father's edict against Cupid. - Cupid's Revenge
- As Governor of Tango, the first thing Zushiō does is to order an edict forbidding slavery both on public and private grounds. - Sansho the Bailiff
- Noah is adamant that Yaweh's edict must be followed to the letter and insists that there must be only two of every animal. - Not Wanted on the Voyage
- Plunkett went into hiding, travelling only in disguise, and refused a government edict to register at a seaport to await passage into exile. - Oliver Plunkett
- In the woods Alice meets Tweedledum and Tweedledee, who sing and dance about the proper edict of greeting one another ("Shake Hands"). - Alice in Wonderland (1985 film)
Meaning of "edict" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "edict" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "edict" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "edict"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word edict below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.