How to use "eerie" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "eerie" in popular movie and book plots
- The Captain sends up a flare, which momentarily lights up the eerie sight of a huge, rotting vessel wrecked nearby. - Shock Waves (film)
- In an unknown land an eerie disturbance disrupts the sky, leading a dark mass to the land. - Samurai Shodown! 2
- The film opens with a character in a video game entering an eerie mansion. - Stay Alive
- When Dax and Arjin find the matter, it has begun to emit an eerie glow. - Playing God (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
- Helping LAPD homicide detective Milo Sturgis to link these eerie incidents is brilliant psychologist Alex Delaware. - Alex Delaware
- The detectives also notice some eerie similarities between the H2OClick and Klepto homicides and figure that the two cases are connected. - Hollywood Homicide
- A porch light caused the atmosphere to have an eerie blue color. - Mysterious Skin
- In suburban Seattle, John rents a large, old and eerie Victorian-era mansion and begins piecing his life back together. - The Changeling (1980 film)
- The children display eerie psychic abilities that can result in violent and deadly consequences whenever they experience pain or provocation. - Village of the Damned (1995 film)
- Nebulae have become known as an eerie and suspenseful arena of play. - FreeSpace 2
- At night, Ralph has eerie nightmares, including a towering, laughing refrigerator. - Ollie Hopnoodle's Haven of Bliss
- The evil shaman Tungajuaq appears, blowing and grunting with the eerie echo of a polar bear. - Atanarjuat: The Fast Runner
- When she practices for the first time, she finds herself shifting from a hymn to eerie music. - Carnival of Souls
- The gentleman with the thistle-down hair curses him with Eternal Night, an eerie darkness that engulfs him and follows him wherever he goes. - Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
- Heather receives a call from an obsessed fan who calls and quotes Freddy's nursery rhyme in an eerie Freddy-like voice. - Wes Craven's New Nightmare
- Lawyer Philip Gault (Carleton Young), due to a college football injury, lost his voice and can only speak in an eerie whisper. - The Whisperer
Meaning of "eerie" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "eerie" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "eerie" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "eerie"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word eerie below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.