How to use "effect" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "effect" in popular movie and book plots
- The Pink Ladies walk away haughtily, but this has little effect on the T-Birds' self-confidence ("Prowlin'"). - Grease 2
- Although several of his friends and acquaintances warn him of Nancy's devastating effect on his life, Sid stubbornly ignores these warnings. - Sid and Nancy
- Spielberg says that the effect of not seeing the driver makes the real villain of the film the truck itself, rather than the driver. - Duel (1971 film)
- Moments later, The Black Fairy overcomes the effect of the squid ink, and leaves Rumplestiltskin guessing about why she abandoned him. - Changelings
- The final effect leaves the reader more certain about the attitudes and biases of the characters than about the facts of Sutpen's story. - Absalom, Absalom!
- Each encounter with the Orb reveals a fantastic effect on people who use it. - The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.
- When she lands in the alley below, a ripple effect is created by her impact. - The Animatrix
- The couple are later reconciled, realising that Moscow society life has had a negative, corrupting effect on Levin. - Anna Karenina
- The effect of each of the terms of a multiple element transfer function can be approximated by a set of straight lines on a Bode plot. - Bode plot
- They have a couple of drinks, and the combined effect of valium and alcohol lead to her waking next morning in Jack's bed. - Working Girl
- The ship comes to a halt to effect repairs at 12:05 which causes Lanser to undergo a moment of realization. - Judgment Night (The Twilight Zone)
- The bout starts tamely with Apollo landing several punches that have no effect on Drago. - Rocky IV
- Such tales continue the fairy tale into what is in effect a second episode. - Cinderella
- Fitz, Simmons and Lincoln determine that the effect of Hive's infection will prevent those Inhumans he controls from being sedated. - The Singularity (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
- However, Chip is temporarily protected from being consumed through the effect of Ubik, and leaves Jory. - Ubik
- This rack is tied to the woman as Biggles pretends to turn a lever, but it has no effect whatsoever. - The Spanish Inquisition (Monty Python)
Meaning of "effect" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "effect" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "effect" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "effect"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word effect below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.