How to use "effigy" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "effigy" in popular movie and book plots
- The next day, the town burns an effigy of Durant in the street. - Scabs (Hell on Wheels)
- Pietari enters Piiparinen's house, and finds that Piiparinen's son Juuso is also gone, with a straw effigy in his place. - Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale
- He is sitting on a hill beside an effigy of the crucified Christ when he meets Olalla for the last time. - Olalla (short story)
- Toomak saves Nala whilst the mute girl stabs an effigy of Rool, sending him falling to his death. - Creatures the World Forgot
- An effigy of Flora stands to one side. - Merry Mount (opera)
- When the pyre is lit, Edmund panics and drops the doll – a small, hooded effigy which bears a striking resemblance to the Witchsmeller. - Witchsmeller Pursuivant
- They offer to use a holy effigy and prayer to assist her sick father, they begin to pray. - The Phantom of Liberty
- Simultaneously, the voodoo girl impales his effigy on a spike. - Survival Island
- Pup laughs when Dolly shows him an effigy of Myra: a rag doll, about fifteen inches high, with knitted nylon skin and rust-coloured wool hair. - The Killing Doll
- He searches her house, finding busts she has carved of him and Number Two, and smashes a lifelike effigy representing the sleeping Professor. - The General (The Prisoner)
- He returns to find Zoe has set a mannequin on fire in effigy of him. - The Bachelor (1999 film)
- Using an effigy of Jessica, the Sabreur takes control of her and draws her to him. - I Walked with a Zombie
- When Homer visits Moe's Tavern, he sees an effigy of himself being burnt by his friends who worked at the plant. - HOMR
- Senthil then opens a trapdoor to let Saravanan escape, and an effigy of Vettaiyan gets burnt instead. - Chandramukhi
- Suddenly, Hilary crashes her van into the school's huge effigy of Jesus. - Saved!
- Giudizio sits an effigy of the "Old Witch of Winter" in a chair on the stack and Gradisca is given the honour of setting it aflame. - Amarcord
Meaning of "effigy" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "effigy" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "effigy" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "effigy"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word effigy below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.