How to use "eke" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "eke" in popular movie and book plots
- They are compelled to sing in the streets, and thus eke out a precarious livelihood. - The Doctor's Carriage
- They don't find any location or shelter in Calcutta and eke out their daily lives in temporary shelters in and around Sealdah railway station. - Chinnamul
- Varna, on the other hand, is interested in a military career though she picks and packs wild mushrooms to eke out a living. - Irandaam Ulagam
- She makes appearances on television programs to eke out a living for her troublemaker father and brother. - The Greatest Love
- He is talkative and uses the opportunities around him to eke out a living. - Jackie (2010 film)
- Parents Thomas and Francy are barely able to eke out a living for themselves and their children Willa, Arthur and Booky. - Booky Makes Her Mark
- Reduced to poverty from the loss of her father, the heroine falls back upon her own resources to eke out a simple living by stealing. - La Fille de l'eau
- Ramesan is trying in vain to find his friend Leelakrishnan (Salim Kumar) who acts as a hijada to eke out a living. - Soothradharan
- Basically, the story is of a peasant who is oppressed by landowners and his foremen while trying to eke out a living as a daily laborer. - Aakrosh (1980 film)
- (Shape eke jeevath venava). - Hiripoda Wassa
- Salud (Bud Spencer) and Plata (Terence Hill) eke out a living as bush pilots in South America. - ...All the Way, Boys!
- They speak quickly, act fast and operate somewhat honourably (with each other) to eke a meager living out of the harsh Mumbai street life. - Traffic Signal (film)
- Drought, famine, and earthquakes become the norm and Patty and her two friends barely manage to eke out an existence. - A Distant Thunder (1978 film)
- The Zvonars are a poor family of musicians, who eke out a living by performing in the local celebrations. - The White Bird Marked with Black
- The community, led by Anderson and his family, eke out an existence by siphoning sap from the Plants to irrigate their corn crop. - The Genocides
- Meanwhile, the girls try to eke out a living by engaging in card games, petty theft, odd jobs, and scavenging. - Times Square (film)
Meaning of "eke" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "eke" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "eke" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "eke"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word eke below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.