How to use "elated" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "elated" in popular movie and book plots
- When word spreads to the rest of the planet that Earth is one big reality show, humans become elated that they're famous. - Cancelled (South Park)
- Beezwax is elated at having acquired two nuclear warheads, but dies when a stray bee lands on one warhead's fuse, triggering an explosion. - Vigilante 8
- When the door opens, the woman and John emerge, reuniting the elated adoptive father and son. - The Kid (1921 film)
- However, he is elated when Birdy smiles at a joke he makes. - Birdy (film)
- Fyodor is elated and takes a walk in the Grunewald forest, where he imagines to have a talk with Koncheyev. - The Gift (Nabokov novel)
- Todd proposes marriage to an elated Francine, who accepts. - Polyester (film)
- An elated Tomek races through the courtyard with his milk cart. - A Short Film About Love
- When he is finished, Ali's father is surprised and elated by how generous the grandfather is. - Children of Heaven
- Varvara Petrovna is elated and almost triumphant to hear that her son's actions had a noble foundation rather than a shameful one. - Demons (Dostoyevsky novel)
- Feeling elated yet guilty, Sethe spoils Beloved with elaborate gifts while neglecting Denver. - Beloved (film)
- The flowers expel spores that cover Spock, and despite his emotional training as a Vulcan, he becomes elated and romantic with Kalomi. - This Side of Paradise (Star Trek: The Original Series)
- She is elated until he tells her he DORed, and she would not be marrying a Navy pilot after all. - An Officer and a Gentleman
- Joe is so elated that he finds he can walk; Charlie chooses him as his chaperone. - Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
- Disraeli is elated when he receives the news. - Disraeli (1929 film)
- Tuco is initially elated to find bags of gold, but Blondie holds him at gunpoint and orders him into a hangman's noose beneath a tree. - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Both he and Elaine then run into the street to flag down a passing bus and take the back seat, elated at their victory. - The Graduate
Meaning of "elated" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "elated" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "elated" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "elated"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word elated below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.