How to use "elderly" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "elderly" in popular movie and book plots
- Then Tiresias, the blind and elderly seer, appears. - The Bacchae
- Hidetora Ichimonji, a powerful though now elderly warlord, decides to divide his kingdom among his three sons: Taro, Jiro, and Saburo. - Ran (film)
- Willa's drowned body is discovered by Birdie Steptoe, an elderly man who spends his days drinking on his riverboat and is friendly with John. - The Night of the Hunter (film)
- A sub-plot involves his elderly father's allowing an oil company to drill for oil in the inlet that runs behind their house. - Louisiana Story
- Grannis and Baker are two elderly boarders who share adjoining rooms in the apartment complex where Trina and McTeague live. - Greed (film)
- In a following scene, he screams wildly at an elderly lady, causing her to have a heart attack. - Man Bites Dog (film)
- The story begins with the reminiscences of Leo Colston, an elderly man looking back on his childhood with nostalgia. - The Go-Between
- Private investigator Philip Marlowe is called to the home of the wealthy and elderly General Sternwood, in the month of October. - The Big Sleep
- Gino attempts to get Richie out of hiding by arresting his sister Pattie and by talking to his estranged, elderly father. - Out for Justice
- Warden Samuel Norton meets Andy and reassigns him to the prison library to assist elderly inmate Brooks Hatlen. - The Shawshank Redemption
- Death takes Mort to his domain, where he meets Death's elderly manservant Albert, and his adopted daughter Ysabell. - Mort
- Sally runs toward the house and finds the desiccated remains of an elderly couple in an upstairs room. - The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
- In the late 1990s, an elderly World War II veteran and his family visit the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial in Normandy, France. - Saving Private Ryan
- In a mansion in Xanadu, a vast palatial estate in Florida, the elderly Charles Foster Kane is on his deathbed. - Citizen Kane
- A ruined cathedral remains unused, although some elderly people occasionally stand in front of it and sing incompletely remembered hymns. - The Big O
- He seduces and later marries her after the death of her elderly husband, Sir Charles Lyndon (Frank Middlemass). - Barry Lyndon
Meaning of "elderly" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "elderly" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "elderly" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "elderly"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word elderly below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.