How to use "election" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "election" in popular movie and book plots
- Both characters are introduced in the last season of The Andy Griffith Show (TAGS), beginning with Sam's election as head of the town council. - Mayberry R.F.D.
- Byerley wins the election without further difficulty. - Evidence (short story)
- Inside the Vatican, Scott and Cooper accidentally signal the death of the pope and the election of a new pope. - EuroTrip
- In desperate need of money Mimi goes to work for the mob, propping up the election of Vico Tricarico. - The Seduction of Mimi
- Gregory expects to win the election but just before, Syme reveals to Gregory after an oath of secrecy, that he is a secret policeman. - The Man Who Was Thursday
- But since the election of pro wrestler turned politician Mike Haggar as the new Mayor, Metro City was changed and cleaned up drastically. - Final Fight (video game)
- In particular, he accuses him of having taken graft during the election campaign eight years ago. - Democracy: An American Novel
- In a press conference in the White House press room, Ryan says he will seek election to the office of President of the United States. - Executive Orders
- However, by election time the popularity of a left-wing coalition of former president Hernán Siles was such that nothing could disguise it. - Hugo Banzer
- With a presidential election looming, Abe's party is so split that none of the favorites is acceptable to all. - Abe Lincoln in Illinois (film)
- Norma Rae then successfully orchestrates an election to unionize the factory, resulting in a victory for the union. - Norma Rae
- When he learns of Hannay's experiences in South Africa, he invites him to address an election meeting that afternoon. - The Thirty-Nine Steps
- They rig Carrie's election as prom queen and empty the buckets on Carrie's and Tommy's heads. - Carrie (novel)
- At a Warren election rally a fight breaks out, arranged by Dion. - In Old Chicago
- An election is held in which Mannie, Wyoh, and the Professor are elected (possibly by the intervention of Mike). - The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
- The next election day, blacks find a line of mounted and armed Klansmen just outside their homes, and are intimidated into not voting. - The Birth of a Nation
Meaning of "election" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "election" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "election" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "election"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word election below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.