How to use "elegant" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "elegant" in popular movie and book plots
- In four elegant brothels, called "Flower Houses", in fin-de-siècle 19th-century Shanghai (Qing dynasty), several affairs are described. - Flowers of Shanghai
- Curran takes Claire on a tour of Navy SEAL training and attempts to woo the journalist over an elegant dinner. - Navy SEALs (film)
- The play opens at La Comédie Française, an elegant theatre where Marguerite st Just is performing in her final show ("Storybook"). - The Scarlet Pimpernel (musical)
- The film features a sheep that lives in the American West whose elegant dancing is popular with the other animals. - Boundin'
- Sarah enters the ballroom in an elegant red ball gown and approaches von Krolock. - Dance of the Vampires
- The work has been praised for its elegant style, and the discretion with which the subject is treated. - Les amitiés particulières
- Just then, Sally astonishes everyone by arriving in an elegant gown and tiara and speaking with a perfect upper-crust accent. - Me and My Girl
- Amelia is an interior designer, originally from Argentina, and lives in a large, elegant house in Hollywood. - White Oleander
- She invites him to an elegant dinner at a high-end restaurant as a gesture of gratitude for his actions earlier. - Monsieur Verdoux
- The stepmother and stepsisters demand that Cinderella sew all three of them elegant gowns for the ball from the fabric of their old dresses. - The Slipper and the Rose
- The primary subplot involves a young man in a white suit – an elegant gangster – and his lover, who explore erotic ways to use food. - Tampopo
- Now she's there with only her dresser, an elegant elderly lady who was herself once a brief star or "morning glory". - Morning Glory (1933 film)
- After he and Emma attend an elegant ball given by the Marquis d'Andervilliers, Emma finds her married life dull and becomes listless. - Madame Bovary
- An elegant ball takes place on Christmas Eve. - Meet Me in St. Louis
- His girlfriend, nightclub owner Missouri Martin, helps transform Annie from a dowdy street peddler to an elegant dowager. - Lady for a Day
- Phyllis Rogers Stone, a stylish and elegant woman, also arrives with her husband Ben, a renowned philanthropist and politician. - Follies
Meaning of "elegant" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "elegant" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "elegant" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "elegant"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word elegant below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.