How to use "elevate" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "elevate" in popular movie and book plots
- Leeladhara then plans to make Rao a messenger of God and elevate him to a divine figure across the country after killing him. - Gopala Gopala (2015 film)
- She does so as to elevate Siva as a powerful hero and herself as a Don. - Sudigadu
- King Henry II's decision to elevate Becket to Archbishop of Canterbury is a fulcrum for discord between Henry and Eleanor. - Time and Chance (novel)
- Each is either a true career criminal, out for personal profit or an undercover agent, intercepting to elevate a CV. - No Tomorrow (film)
- Murray tries to elevate Bret and Jemaine on his friendship graph, bringing his questioning pal Jim in on the plan. - Murray Takes It to the Next Level
- As the nation mourns, a deeply divided republican party is split on whether or not to elevate Petty to the Presidency nomination. - Dark Horse (Reed novel)
- His girlfriend, believing that Kreegan's death would will elevate Cal to Lordship, kills Kreegan by using a potion to draw on Cal's power. - Lilith: A Snake in the Grass
- In later stories de Camp and Carter would later elevate the Stygian sorcerer into one of Conan's principal enemies. - Conan the Usurper
- The pigs elevate themselves to positions of leadership, and set aside special food items ostensibly for their personal health. - Animal Farm (1954 film)
- Prudence refuses his proposal, asking him to wait until her father's claim is proved, which would elevate her to a status worthy of his hand. - The Masqueraders
- Ed likes Lynette and decides to elevate her to Vice President of Accounts. - That's Good, That's Bad (Desperate Housewives)
- They were received by Fornis, a noblewoman whom a coup would shortly elevate to the priestess-like status of "Sacred Queen". - Maia (novel)
- The new emperor states he will take Lavinia, Titus' daughter, as his bride to honor and elevate the family. - Titus (film)
- The pigs elevate themselves to positions of leadership and set aside special food items, ostensibly for their personal health. - Animal Farm
Meaning of "elevate" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "elevate" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "elevate" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "elevate"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word elevate below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.