How to use "elevator" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "elevator" in popular movie and book plots
- She meets with Tanzinni, relinquishes the ledger, and then flees, killing one gangster as another shoots down upon her elevator car. - Gloria (1980 film)
- She rushes to the Empire State Building just moments after the doors to the down elevator close with Sam and Jonah inside. - Sleepless in Seattle
- Romeo and Juliet sneak into an elevator and kiss. - Romeo + Juliet
- The trio enter the "Wonkavator", a multi-directional glass elevator that flies out of the factory. - Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
- Buzz, the eager elevator operator, pitches a new invention: the flexi-straw. - The Hudsucker Proxy
- Normally, the Eternals traverse from century to century within Eternity in a kind of temporal elevator called a kettle. - The End of Eternity
- She is taken by the elevator man to the ninth floor, a floor beyond that shown on the elevator's floor indicia. - The After Hours
- As they are about to enter the elevator together, Ted tells Joanna that he will stay downstairs to allow Joanna to see Billy in private. - Kramer vs. Kramer
- The elevator evacuation, however, is soon halted as the fire renders the express elevators unsafe. - The Towering Inferno
- Alan is very happy to see the "same old Hal", whom he takes to his family's sprawling grain elevator operations. - Picnic (1955 film)
- On the way to the job, in the elevator he uses a Pemex Memory Doubler to upgrade his memory capacity from 80 gigabytes to 160 gigabytes. - Johnny Mnemonic (film)
- He tries to escape through an elevator shaft, but is cornered by the undead and bitten several times. - Dawn of the Dead (1978 film)
- They ride the great glass elevator to Charlie's house and bring the rest of Charlie's family to the factory. - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- They ride up in an elevator to the top of an impossibly tall building, the height triggering David's severe acrophobia. - Vanilla Sky
- The elevator doors open on the figure of a tall, blond woman in dark sunglasses wielding a straight razor. - Dressed to Kill (1980 film)
- Sebastian runs for the elevator followed by Roy, who then rides the elevator down alone. - Blade Runner
Meaning of "elevator" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "elevator" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "elevator" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "elevator"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word elevator below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.