How to use "else" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "else" in popular movie and book plots
- Unknown to anyone else there, the blast frees Wilson, but kills his little dog Rainbow, who had run in to comfort him in the cell. - Fury (1936 film)
- Dean was surprised, and Milligan shut up – but Dean guessed that someone else at Pym's was indeed involved. - Murder Must Advertise
- Finally with no one else left Marcus himself is struck on the head by a railway signal over the tunnel and drops into another wagon. - The Ladykillers
- Someone else has been committing the more recent murders and making it look like Maynard's work. - The Glimmer Man
- Having seen the body, the boys realize that there is nothing else to be done with it and return home without further incident. - The Body (King novella)
- Seeing nobody else there, she comes upon a table with a key to a locked door, and a bottle that bears the sign "Drink Me". - Alice in Wonderland (1933 film)
- Lermontov refuses to mount it again or allow anyone else to produce the ballet. - The Red Shoes (1948 film)
- Later, John finds Grace's copy of the Beaugard and reveals to Arabella that someone else must have had the same idea as them. - Animal Crackers (1930 film)
- "It's his blood, or else it's my blood and Elizabeth's. - Anne of the Thousand Days
- Blanche is in her thirties, and with no money, she has nowhere else to go. - A Streetcar Named Desire
- The driver tells Joe there is nothing else to do but continue on to Miami. - Midnight Cowboy
- Early the next morning, before anybody else is up, McKay seeks out Leech to settle their quarrel. - The Big Country
- Mrs Dashwood seeks somewhere else to live. - Sense and Sensibility
- He admits to O'Neill's murder and everything else he has done. - House of Cards (UK TV series)
- While Faber would have left on the early bus, Mildred along with everyone else in the city was surely killed. - Fahrenheit 451
- He makes it to an escape pod, and lands in Manhattan just before Air Force One crashes, killing everyone else aboard. - Escape from New York
Meaning of "else" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "else" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "else" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "else"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word else below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.