How to use "elude" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "elude" in popular movie and book plots
- To elude pursuit, they trade their new car for a decrepit Model T farm truck after Moze beats a hillbilly in a "wrasslin' match". - Paper Moon (film)
- His attempts to persuade his brother otherwise are in vain, and Fly manages to elude Wah while he is not looking. - As Tears Go By (film)
- Farrell continues to elude the search and tells Hesselman that Brice was having a relationship with Susan and killed her. - No Way Out (1987 film)
- Hennies slipped away and managed to elude capture; he changed his identity and was able to keep most of his share. - Alves dos Reis
- gives chase, but Phelps manages to elude him. - Shock to the System (film)
- David and Allison see military police approaching, but manage to elude them. - The Philadelphia Experiment (film)
- She helps him elude the police when they are searching for him. - Fallen Angels (1995 film)
- Any captives who can elude Zaroff, Ivan, and a pack of hunting dogs for three days are set free. - The Most Dangerous Game
- Kirk manages to elude these, and observes the strange behavior of his crew. - This Side of Paradise (Star Trek: The Original Series)
- Wells and Cooper shoot through the floor upstairs to elude the werewolves, dropping into the kitchen, where they find Spoon's remains. - Dog Soldiers (film)
- Together, they manage to escape and briefly elude their Romulan guards. - Future Imperfect
- He is also unusual in that he managed to escape and elude the Trackers and Myrmidons for a time. - Shade's Children
- The narrator returns to Harlem, trailed by Ras's men, and buys a hat and a pair of sunglasses to elude them. - Invisible Man
- They elude their pursuers and Allen discards his jacket, signifying him forsaking his miserable life on dry land. - Splash (film)
- While he is envisioning achieving fame and fortune from his discovery, Valerie and Mac elude the police and enter theR. - Earth Girls Are Easy
- That night, Holly goes out onto the fire escape to elude an over-eager date (Mel Blanc). - Breakfast at Tiffany's (film)
Meaning of "elude" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "elude" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "elude" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "elude"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word elude below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.