How to use "elusive" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "elusive" in popular movie and book plots
- Arthur plays each murder, or the subsequent trial, through in his mind, searching for problems, loopholes, and the elusive watertight alibi. - Guilty Conscience (film)
- The separation has been a success, with the elusive Dymond having returned to his own craft at the right time. - Nightmare of Eden
- There is much talk of the Phantom, an elusive hypnotist. - Inland Empire (film)
- It turns out that Corran's wife, Mirax, was tracking down a group of elusive pirates known as the Invids. - I, Jedi
- That diary, as Paul and Tom discovered it later, would prove to help the duo to decode the elusive Hypnerotomachia. - The Rule of Four
- The missiles were to be completed in three weeks, and only the elusive General Song had the launch codes. - Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
- At 16, Peter d'Abo is an elusive boy. - My Name Is Legion (novel)
- He corners the elusive figure in a deserted palazzo and approaches it, believing it to be a child. - Don't Look Now
- It also identifies Redjac as "Red Jack", one name given to the elusive 19th Century Earth serial killer known as Jack the Ripper. - Wolf in the Fold
- After her death he falls deeply in love with Sasha, an elusive and somewhat feral princess in the entourage of the Russian embassy. - Orlando: A Biography
- Bernard is a story-teller, always seeking some elusive and apt phrase. - The Waves
- In the process, Willard is able to capture the elusive butterfly. - The Perils of Gwendoline in the Land of the Yik-Yak
- Baby runs to Johnny and executes the elusive lift move they'd practiced. - Dirty Dancing
- To prove his innocence, Zeta and Ro search for his creator, the elusive dr Selig. - The Zeta Project
- He warns them of the elusive and merciless figure known as Mr Brown. - The Secret Adversary
- Part I: Search By the Mule is about The Mule's search for the elusive Second Foundation, with the intent of destroying it. - Second Foundation
Meaning of "elusive" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "elusive" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "elusive" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "elusive"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word elusive below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.