How to use "embellish" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "embellish" in popular movie and book plots
- In this Indian story, based on a Kerala legend, a pious and self-disciplined master carpenter of a supposedly mixed-caste background, moves easily in his world, building temples and then carving the stone statues which embellish them. - Perumthachan (film)
- The reason: one of the gems that embellish the Khea-khan's throne is the Eye of Agarash, a stone that can be coupled with the Claw of Naar to increase its destructive power. - The Storms of Chai
- When she adds a tear or two to embellish her story, Stretch is won over, and the evening ends with the two kissing in the moonlight. - The Cowboy and the Lady (1938 film)
- He is reluctantly guided by the mysterious 'Chimney Man,' who forces him to recall the more painful moments of his life when he attempts to ignore or embellish them. - Jelly's Last Jam
- Elaine tries to embellish Kramer's stories, but Peterman finds the rewrites "too clichéd and obvious". - The Van Buren Boys
- mrs Palmer explains to Cassie that her powers are only intermittent, and as result she sometimes has to embellish the reading to produce results her clients will be happy with. - Haunting of Cassie Palmer
- Nog replies by quoting one of the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition, and to embellish his point they embark on a plan to steal Head of Station Security Odo's regeneration bucket using one of his father's security rods. - The Storyteller (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
- Although he says he wants to record all events exactly as they happened, he does embellish his story again and again. - Cunt (novel)
Example sentences for "embellish" in interesting articles
- While some words remain in common use—zhush or zhoosh (to adjust or embellish something to make it more pleasing) and trade (highly masculine or straight-acting sex partners) come to mind—the richness that we know once defined Polari is difficult to capture in 2015. So imagine my delight when I stumbled upon Putting on the Dish, a fantastic short by London-based filmmakers Brian Fairbairn and Karl Eccleston, which shows two gay men having an exchange on a park bench, entirely in Polari. - Polari, the Lost Gay English Dialect
- The street is understood to be the pre-eminent form of public space, and the buildings that define it are expected to honor and embellish it.6. - "Americans sense that something is wrong with the places where we live and work"
Meaning of "embellish" in English
- make more beautiful
- add details to
- make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.
- beautify yourself for the special day
- be beautiful to look at
Meaning of "embellish" in Hindi
- सुशोभित करना ( Sushobhit karana, sushobhit karanaa)
- संवारना ( Sanvarana, sanvaaranaa, sanwarana)
- सजाना ( Sajana, sajanaa, sazana)
Synonyms of "embellish"
- blow up
Antonyms of "embellish"
Discuss anything about the word embellish below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.