How to use "eminent" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "eminent" in popular movie and book plots
- One of the central stories is a love relation between Salome Visramiani and Sandro da Costa, the heir of an eminent Genoese family. - Santa Esperanza
- He sets out to find out how his brother Grevil, an eminent archaeologist, came to be found dead in an Amsterdam canal. - The Little Walls
- Edward Leithen is an eminent lawyer who is introduced to the young and handsome Vernon Milburne. - The Dancing Floor
- Searching for evidence Holmes and Watson visit eminent arachnologist Matthew Ordway, who may have supplied the deadly creatures. - The Spider Woman
- The great Buddha gave the eminent Jade Emperor the task of ruling the celestial and mortal worlds. - Zodiac: The Race Begins
- A third man in the carriage introduces himself as Dr Campbell Clark, an eminent physician who is an expert on conditions of the mind. - The Hound of Death
- An eminent linguist is brought to the Arctic base to help understand Charlie's language. - Iceman (1984 film)
- Welch says that he first tried bringing eminent scientists from earlier eras—Archimedes, Isaac Newton, Galileo Galilei. - The Immortal Bard
- A group of friends share a few drinks, when an eminent doctor, Wolfe Macfarlane, enters. - The Body Snatcher
- Narrowly avoiding the pursuing Captain Madden at the train station, he goes to the house of Doctor Stephen Albert, an eminent Sinologist. - The Garden of Forking Paths
- mr Robinson's landlady, mrs Blunt, is given notice that the government is claiming her land as eminent domain. - Visa for Avalon
- The story begins when Joon-sang, the son of an eminent musician, moves to Chuncheon, a rural city in South Korea. - Winter Sonata
- An eminent Viennese doctor in Germany becomes increasingly disillusioned with the oppressive brutality of the Nazis. - Freedom Radio
- Among the crew is Loren Lorenson, a young engineer, and Moses Kaldor, an eminent and wise counsellor. - The Songs of Distant Earth
- Next, Whitmore brings in the eminent dr Steinberg (Sig Ruman) from Vienna, whom he hopes will expose Hackenbush as a quack. - A Day at the Races (film)
- Madeleine Lee, the daughter of an eminent clergyman, is a 30-year-old widow of independent means living in New York City. - Democracy: An American Novel
Meaning of "eminent" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "eminent" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "eminent" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "eminent"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word eminent below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.