How to use "emissary" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "emissary" in popular movie and book plots
- Before entering, Polidori appears to them, explaining he is an emissary from space on behalf of the immortals. - Lunar Knights
- The Dutch Republic nearly falls and Stearns' emissary voluntarily stays behind, becoming trapped in the Siege of Amsterdam. - 1633 (novel)
- Elías' emissary arrives, but is pursued by army troops. - A Bullet for the General
- The Enterprise brings aboard the Betazoid Federation emissary Tam Elbrun (Harry Groener), and takes him to a distant star system. - Tin Man (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- A Turkish emissary arrives at the Byzantine court to ask for Carmensina's hand in marriage for Mehmed IV. - Tirant lo Blanc (film)
- The plan is foiled when an emissary announces that Ivan has returned to Moscow. - Ivan the Terrible (film)
- The episode begins with an emissary of Ba'al demanding the surrender of Yu and the remaining Goa'uld System Lords. - Reckoning (Stargate SG-1)
- Shortly after he awoke, an emissary arrived at the tower, and spent much time with Medivh, causing Khadgar to become slightly jealous. - Warcraft: The Last Guardian
- She meets an emissary sent by the Spacing Guild, which is desperate for spice. - Hunters of Dune
- Upon his arrival to Albania, an emissary of the kingdom of Crotona requested his assistance in the incoming war against the Persians. - Florante at Laura
- The Cardinal gladly agrees and presents the necklace to Rétaux de Villette, believing him to be an emissary from the Queen. - The Affair of the Necklace
- The banishment comes in the form of sending Lanik as an emissary and spy to the Nkumai, a rival nation. - A Planet Called Treason
- When that fails, an emissary offers to trade Barton for the priceless artifacts. - The Mask of Fu Manchu
- They board another ship in the same harbor, where an emissary has stored secret incriminating plans. - The Sea Hawk (1940 film)
- Aged emissary Hitu arrives by Western sailing ship to the island of Bora Bora, a small island in the South Pacific, on an important mission. - Tabu: A Story of the South Seas
- When the emissary returns soon after, Hazel and his rabbits learn that Efrafa is a police state led by the despotic General Woundwort. - Watership Down
Meaning of "emissary" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "emissary" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "emissary" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "emissary"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word emissary below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.