How to use "endure" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "endure" in popular movie and book plots
- He evades a medical examination by pretending to have a violent toothache, and then must endure having the dentist pull it without anesthetic. - Europa Europa
- He persuades a reluctant Vashti to endure the journey (and the resultant unwelcome personal interaction) to his room. - The Machine Stops
- They endure misery and hardship, for the Americans who buy their land also demand their houses and their farm tools. - Ramona
- The soldiers arrive at Anzac Cove and endure several days of hardships and boredom in the trenches. - Gallipoli (1981 film)
- Unable to endure his obsession, Lieneke leaves him. - The Vanishing (1988 film)
- Corwin is brought forth in chains to endure Eric's coronation. - Nine Princes in Amber
- At work, he has to endure torment from his boss Thomas Dunwitty, a tactless, boorish white man. - Bamboozled
- Finally, he can endure it no longer. - Women in Love (film)
- Rosemary had been unable to endure the darker memories of the past and had chosen release, injecting the poison into her own body. - The Giver
- They too have to endure many vicissitudes. - Orlando Furioso
- Meanwhile, Saleem's family begin a number of migrations and endure the numerous wars which plague the subcontinent. - Midnight's Children
- Claudius, unable to endure the play, calls out for light, and retires to his room. - Hamlet (1948 film)
- Undaunted, the two men endure a rigorous training period, where they go from being enemies to best friends. - Wings (1927 film)
- Friday accompanies him and, en route, they endure one last adventure together as they fight off famished wolves while crossing the Pyrenees. - Robinson Crusoe
- Nanook; his wife, Nyla; and their family are introduced as fearless heroes who endure rigors "no other race" could survive. - Nanook of the North
- The inhabitants passively endure their increasing feelings of exile and separation. - The Plague
Meaning of "endure" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "endure" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "endure" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "endure"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word endure below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.