How to use "envy" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "envy" in popular movie and book plots
- Meanwhile, on the way to prison, the Roman police express their envy that Clouseau is now desired by so many women. - The Pink Panther (1963 film)
- Quickly she becomes quite successful and famous and her colleagues begin to envy her. - Eleven Minutes
- She did it because Willow murdered a man and remained beloved – crowning Amy's envy of Willow's relatively easy successes in magic. - The Killer in Me
- Reassured by his mother that they all envy his easy life at Jon's house, Garfield sadly says goodbye and leaves. - Garfield on the Town
- But very soon hidden envy and rivalries erupt. - Human Resources (film)
- She accepts, much to the good-natured envy of her roommate Gina. - The Brides of Dracula
- Nine months later, Elphaba is born, a girl and not what was expected, green with envy for a mother's love. - Wicked (Maguire novel)
- Tortured by envy and guilt, Jocelin finds himself unable to pray. - The Spire
- Later she abandons the earplugs during one of Julie's trysts, beginning to envy Julie's lifestyle. - Swimming Pool (film)
- The kidnapper reveals that envy from seeing Gondo's house on the hill every day led him to conceive of the crime. - High and Low (1963 film)
- The latter expresses her envy of Winifred. - Alexander's Bridge
- C-3PO and R2-D2 watch this scene and lament how at times like these, they envy how humans must feel. - The Unifying Force
- This leads to Gene starting to think like Finny to try to be a better person and to try to solve some of his envy towards him. - A Separate Peace
- (Melville further opines that envy is "universally felt to be more shameful than even felonious crime". - Billy Budd
- Yukino Miyazawa is a Japanese high school first-year student who is the envy of classmates for her good grades and immaculate appearance. - Kare Kano
- Dudley tells the bishop it is rare for an angel to envy a mortal. - The Bishop's Wife
Meaning of "envy" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "envy" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "envy" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "envy"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word envy below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.