How to use "epidemic" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "epidemic" in popular movie and book plots
- It is set during an 1862 cholera epidemic in Russia in which fear drove people to mob action. - Children of the Sun (play)
- She survives epidemic disease (the Antonine Plague) and a Germanic invasion that is part of the Marcomannic Wars. - Household Gods
- As dr Livingstone had warned repeatedly, a deadly epidemic of yellow fever sweeps the city, as it had done numerous times before. - Jezebel (film)
- This makes Merrin suspicious because there are stories of an epidemic that wiped out an entire village in the valley 50 years earlier. - Exorcist: The Beginning
- A new character, dr Finn O'Neill is introduced when a cholera epidemic occurs in the area and Finn assists in the hospital. - Bramwell
- An epidemic ensues from coast to coast. - Many, Many Monkeys
- Freed by Spain's changing sides and fleeing a yellow fever epidemic ashore, she requests passage back to England. - The Happy Return
- In the background of the story is an epidemic mental illness, related in some way to the imminent discovery of the TOE. - Distress (novel)
- The group gathers at Giles' where they see that the news is reporting that Sunnydale is suffering from an epidemic of laryngitis. - Hush (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
- When a smallpox epidemic sweeps through Lima, Camila is disfigured by it. - The Bridge of San Luis Rey
- While tending the dying during an epidemic she finds Gabriel among the sick, and he sadly dies in her arms. - Evangeline
- After a cholera epidemic kills her parents and the servants, Mary is discovered alive but alone in the empty house. - The Secret Garden
- He reunites with Karno and hopes to locate Hetty, but Karno sadly informs him that she died in a flu epidemic shorty after the war. - Chaplin (film)
- Many students fall ill when a typhus epidemic strikes, and Jane's friend Helen dies of consumption in her arms. - Jane Eyre
- The fake suicides prompt an epidemic of similar attempts. - Heathers
- Cottard is distressed by the ending of the epidemic from which he has profited by shady dealings. - The Plague
Meaning of "epidemic" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "epidemic" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "epidemic" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "epidemic"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word epidemic below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.