How to use "equivalent" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "equivalent" in popular movie and book plots
- It informs him that he was run over by a "werecar", the robotic equivalent of a werewolf, and has thus become one himself. - The Honking
- " Fry finds out that his 20th century college dropout status is equivalent to only a 31st-century high school dropout. - Mars University
- The Morlocks are Faustians who have died their mortal death and are now the ground troops for the dark side, evil's equivalent to the Corps. - G vs E
- McCready enlists the help of the elite Special Boat Service (SBS), seaborne equivalent of the SAS, to intercept the vessel. - The Deceiver (novel)
- She is accosted by the owner of the wallet, who demands his stolen wallet, claiming it had 10 million won (the rough equivalent of ) in it. - Bad Guy (2001 film)
- The fact that Whipple refers to World War I as "the Great War" implies that there has been no equivalent of World War II in this world. - The Iron Dream
- Thoma reminiscing his childhood, enters a fit of rage and cuts off all of his father's shirt sleeves (an act equivalent to cutting his arms). - Spadikam
- In the end, Mutran used the equivalent of a Nova Blast of Shadow. - Bionicle Legends
- Through the magic of compound interest, this sum has now grown into the equivalent of roughly 1,000,000,000,000 US dollars. - Eine Billion Dollar
- At age three, the children are precocious, physically and mentally the equivalent of children four times their age. - Village of the Damned (1960 film)
- Tehol made a fortune on the Letherii equivalent of the stock exchange, but then mysteriously lost it. - Midnight Tides
- Girls from the Bund Deutscher Mädel (League of German Girls, the female equivalent of the Hitler Youth) serve meals at the Academy. - Europa Europa
- The Chimeron Queen supports this development with the equivalent of royal jelly given to bees. - Delta and the Bannermen
- They are equivalent to the common Pirates in the Federation, and have similar strength and methods. - Escape Velocity Nova
- If such a link were created, the network would become equivalent to Reality as the general consensus of all perceptions and knowledge. - Serial Experiments Lain
- The Ringworld has a habitable, flat inner surface equivalent in area to approximately three million Earth-sized planets. - Ringworld
Meaning of "equivalent" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "equivalent" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "equivalent" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "equivalent"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word equivalent below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.