How to use "erstwhile" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "erstwhile" in popular movie and book plots
- Conflict breaks out amongst the erstwhile peaceful villagers as food becomes scarce. - The Making of the Representative for Planet 8
- As Quirt and the Worths ride to the Quaker gathering, Quirt's erstwhile sidekick, Randy McCall (Lee Dixon), tags along. - Angel and the Badman
- He uses Mario Belli (Marius de Bella, lately of Savoy), erstwhile nobleman, traitor, and assassin of some repute. - Prince of Foxes
- This act of betrayal earns him the implacable hatred of his erstwhile journalist colleagues, who destroy Coralie’s theatrical reputation. - Illusions perdues
- As the credits roll, scenes from erstwhile Calcutta are displayed along with the narrator's (Amitabh Bachchan) introduction of the era. - Parineeta (2005 film)
- In private, Gloatbridge is patronising toward his erstwhile boss, making the business decisions. - School for Scoundrels (1960 film)
- The erstwhile curse-breakers have fled, along with everyone else in Flathead Castle. - Zork Zero
- Margaret is seduced by her former acting professor Owen, a representative of the erstwhile hippie generation. - Liquid Sky
- In prison, Verlaine converts to Christianity, to his erstwhile lover's disgust. - Total Eclipse (film)
- Her erstwhile fiancé, John Watherstone, and Desmond Curry, a solicitor who eventually proposes to Catherine, appear to be fictional. - The Winslow Boy
- The veil is soon torn apart when Alexander Morden, an erstwhile alderman and "a free man," is ordered to work in the mine. - The Moon Is Down
- Gally soon finds out the truth, when he has a meeting with Mortimer Mason, Sue's erstwhile employer, and he sees her in the gardens. - Summer Lightning
- Thakur Shri Ram is the real gang leader (boss of the erstwhile Gujjar). - Bandit Queen
- The season ends with Brendon saying hello to his erstwhile absent father on the phone. - Home Movies (TV series)
- Louise de la Vallière is eventually supplanted in the king's affections by her erstwhile friend Madame de Montespan. - The Vicomte of Bragelonne: Ten Years Later
- Instead, he gives his erstwhile enemy a cigarette. - The Big Parade
Meaning of "erstwhile" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "erstwhile" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "erstwhile" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "erstwhile"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word erstwhile below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.